(1) Animal Communication Spell: Eve Oil (Illes 106)
Eve Oil may be used to assist and enhance communication
1. Place apple blossoms, dried pomegranate seeds
and snake root in a bottle.
2. Cover with sweet almond and jojoba oil.
3. Dress candles with this oil to accompany visualization as well as physical communication
(2) Familiar Consecration Spell (Illes 107)
and/or familiarize the psychic bonds between you and your familiar. You can follow the spell exactly or play around with it.
For example: If your familiar is a cat, cast your circle with dried catnip, and instead of frankincense, burn diviner's sage
to enhance your powers of prophecy. Let the cat play, while you allow yourself sudden bursts of inspiration.
1. Cast a circle large enough to hold you, your familiar and any magical tools that
you wish simultaneously to consecrate (these may include leashes, collars or similar pet paraphernalia, as well as spell components
and ritual tools).
2. Burn frankincense on the periphery of the circle.
3. Sit within the circle, with you familiar, until you fell that it's time to come out.
4. Repeat as needed.
(3) Animal Ally Invitation Spell (Illes 107)
Although this spell requests a waking vision, realistically your response may still occur during
your dreams: have paper and pen by your bedside to record any significant dreams.
1. Choose a focal image for your altar, something that represents your ally for you. Use a toy, a photograph or an
image. It is more crucial that it resonates strongly for you than it be a literal depiction.
Surround it with objects or images that would normally be used to lure this creature. A dish of honey, for instance, summons
a bear. Make the invitation as strong as possible.
3. If you can find candles in the shape of
your desired ally or its food, add them to the altar.
4. Grind cinnamon and frankincense together
and burn them as a spirit-summoning incense.
5. In addition to Step 2, offer literal food (a
dish of milk for a snake, for instance). Alternately, burn images of appropriate food.
Let your eyes go slightly out of focus and await visitations.
7. Try this for up to thirty minutes
a day, until you receive results.
(4) Nahual Baby Ritual (Illes 108)
Preparations begin before the birth of the child. Of course this spell obviously derives from a rural
area, with little traffic but a lot of wildlife. Adapt to your needs. It can also be done at any time as a visualization.
It may be done for your child but you can also perform it for yourself, to discover your own allies.
1. The expectant couple obtains some special wood and burns it down to ash. Traditionally,
the desired wood leaves white ash, because it will make the rest of the spell easier, however this may be adapted to suit
specific desires. Any traditional magic wood, such as birch, ceiba, hazel, or rowan would be appropriate too.
2. These ashes are reserved until the birth.
3. After birth, the placenta is carried
to a strategic area, traditionally a mountain crossroads, and placed on the ground.
4. The ashes
are sprinkled on the placenta.
5. The first animal to leave prints either in or with the ash
is the child's protector or represents the species.
(5) Animal Spirit Dedication Ritual (Illes
An animal sacred to the specific deity is most appropriate; hence, a dog
would be dedicated to Hecate. Many spells, especially those that request healing or protection for animals, of those to locate
lost animals, suggest consecrating the animal to a spirit.
1. A specific animal is chosen to
be dedicated to a specific deity.
2. Purify the animal with juniper incense.
3. Sprinkle it with wine.
4. Decorate the animal with ribbons in colors associated
with the specific spirit.
5. The animal is returned home or to its flock. It is now never ridden,
worked or eaten, but is instead treated exceptionally well (or at least left alone to enjoy life) as a gesture of sacrificial
devotion. This treatment may be extended over the creature's entire natural life or for a specified period of time, although
this must be stipulated from the first initiation ritual.